Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Reading Response: Literary Journalism

"Trina and Trina" by Adrian Nicole LeBlanc is an incredible story. I can't believe she was so patient to stick around people like Trina and get a story out of her. While reading the story of Trina's life, I could literally picture every moment. LeBlanc gave really great details. The structure in which she wrote it kept me in suspense as to whether Trina was finally get cleaned up or whether she was going to die at the end.

Even though this story is really engaging, I still want to know more about how Trina is doing right now. I know she was in jail and kept calling LeBlanc, but LeBlanc never answered, and I really want to know if she ever did go back and visit Trina.

The story "And American Man at Age Ten" was a really good, informative story. I liked it, because it was clear what the story is about. It is about the knowledge of boys and girls of a certain age, and how advanced they are. Susan Orlean wondered if they knew anything about sex and HIV. She gave a little bit of statistics ad background, which was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment